The stage for the battle is a cylindrical building that resembles a coliseum. The central square is an atrium, and the building wraps around it. Each floor of the building can be accessed by stairs, and the colossus can't enter the building.
- The bridge just after the cave entrance changes every few versions. It's closer to the wall in the PAL release, away from the wall in the NTSC release and much narrower in the E3 Demo build.
- The inside of the temple that leads to the main arena had no jumping puzzle in the E3 Demo, being a clear path with no way to climb onto the pillars of fire.
- The grates from the windows of Underground were fully-closed in the PSU Preview and E3 Demo versions, likely because the rolling mechanic wasn't implemented at the time.
- In the E3 Demo, there is a placeholder cutscene for this arena that can only be accessed with the debug menu or by modifying the code. The cutscene has no camera panning and ends very quickly. The theme named "A Pursuer" (also known by its file name "forest") plays.
- Dormin's intro dialogue for the 8th Colossus describes it living within a forest. This, together with the theme song may imply that there used to be a forest somewhere in the vicinity of its arena.
- The oasis before entering the actual arena has a similar shape to that of the Sluice.
- The reflection model from the oasis in the E3 Demo shows an earlier version of the area with a different cave-like entrance instead of the ravine from the final version.
|Characters||Wander · Mono · Agro · Dormin · Lord Emon · Guards · Shadow Creatures|
|Colossi||I · II · III · IV · V · VI · VII · VIII · IX · X · XI · XII · XIII · XIV · XV · XVI|
|Locations||The Forbidden Lands · Shrine of Worship · Colossus Arenas|
|Main Items||Power-ups (Lizards · Fruit) · Weapons (Ancient Sword · Sword of the Sun · Queen’s Sword · Sword of Dormin · Bow & Arrow · Ancient Bow · Harpoon of Thunder · Life Sword) · Collectibles (Relics)|
|Gameplay||Hard Mode · Save shrines · Time Attack · Reminiscence Mode · Watermellon · Barrel|
|Media||Roar of the Earth (OST) · Official Art and Guide Book · Nico Bonus DVD · Film|
|Releases||OPM Demo · PS2 original · PS3 remaster · PS4 remake · Credits|
|Early Builds||Preview version · PSU Preview version · E3 Demo|
|Unused Content||Unused Colossi · Colossus Test Stages · Unused Locations · Beta Mountains · Shadow of the Colossus Development Phases|