Shadow of the Colossus is an upcoming film based on the game.
The film was first announced on April 7, 2009. Kevin Misher, producer of The Scorpion King and The Interpreter, was set to produce. Justin Marks was set as the screenplay writer, already drafting early forms of the script. It was announced that Fumito Ueda, the game's creator, would be involved in the film's production.
On May 23, 2012, it was announced that Josh Trank (the director of the acclaimed film Chronicle) would be directing. Additionally, Seth Lochhead, best known for the 2011 film Hanna, would be replacing Justin Marks to write the screenplay.
In September 2014, Sony Pictures named Andrés Muschietti to direct the film after Josh Trank left. Barbara Muschietti would co-produce the film with Kevin Misher, with Seth Lochhead still set to write the screenplay.
- Shadow of the Colossus at IMDb
- Sony's Shadow of the Colossus Headed to the Big Screen
- 'Chronicle' Director to Adapt 'Shadow of the Colossus' Video Game
- 'Mama' Director Andrés Muschietti Boarding 'Shadow of the Colossus'
- Totilo, Stephen (September 28, 2009). "Shadow Of The Colossus Creator Hints At Movie Involvement, Wants PS3 Ports". Kotaku. Retrieved September 29, 2009.
- Vejvoda, Jim (May 23, 2012). "Chronicle Director to Make Shadow of The Colossus Movie". ign.com. IGN Entertainment, Inc. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- Borys Kit (Jan 07, 2013). "'Hanna' Writer to Pen 'Shadow of Colossus' for Sony (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2013.
- Kroll, Justin (September 04, 2014). "Andrés Muschietti to Direct 'Shadow of the Colossus' Adaptation for Sony". Variety. Retrieved September 4, 2014.
- Wilding, Josh (September 04, 2014). "Mama Director Andrés Muschietti to Helm Video Game Adaptation Shadow of the Colossus". HeyUGuys. Retrieved September 4, 2014.