It takes place on the top of a high tower. A fortress-like final battlefield shrouded in dark clouds. Barricades and tunnels are all over the arena to dodge the light bullets and get closer to the Colossus.
- When the gate to the Sanctuary first opens, a theme of the same name plays.
- The name of this theme in the game files is "Cave", suggesting that it wasn't made for this arena originally.
- In the Preview version of the game, another cutscene plays when getting near the stairs that lead to the broken bridge, but with no music.
- The concept art of this arena is actually the concept art of Labyrinth, the older arena of Malus, when it was still called Buddha and wasn't the final boss. It featured labyrinth-like tunnels that circled around the colossus; while the tunnels in the final version of the arena are linear in nature.
- Malus wasn't originally located at F8, as proven by the PS3 data sheets which includes a texture segment of the old F8 quadrant, as well as its chip data which resembles a world border. Malus was originally located in I7.
|Characters||Wander · Mono · Agro · Dormin · Lord Emon · Guards · Shadow Creatures|
|Colossi||I · II · III · IV · V · VI · VII · VIII · IX · X · XI · XII · XIII · XIV · XV · XVI|
|Locations||The Forbidden Lands · Shrine of Worship · Colossus Arenas|
|Main Items||Power-ups (Lizards · Fruit) · Weapons (Ancient Sword · Sword of the Sun · Queen’s Sword · Sword of Dormin · Bow & Arrow · Ancient Bow · Harpoon of Thunder · Life Sword) · Collectibles (Relics)|
|Gameplay||Hard Mode · Save shrines · Time Attack · Reminiscence Mode · Watermellon · Barrel|
|Media||Roar of the Earth (OST) · Official Art and Guide Book · Nico Bonus DVD · Film|
|Releases||OPM Demo · PS2 original · PS3 remaster · PS4 remake · Credits|
|Early Builds||Preview version · PSU Preview version · E3 Demo|
|Unused Content||Unused Colossi · Datamined Colossi · Colossus Test Stages · Unused Locations · Beta Mountains · Shadow of the Colossus Development Phases|