A city that looks as old as it is ruined. The surrounding area is separated by waterways, with tall columns standing in various places.
- The theme A Closed-Off City plays when first finding the arena.
- The pillars aligned by the entrance of the cave that leads to the Ruins once belonged to Devil's Plain, the arena from the unused colossus known as Devil.
- C2 is the only quadrant to have a slow resolution texture named after the arena it resides (slow_ruins), instead of the usual quadrant letter and number, like for example: "slow_c1".
- A few unused arenas and previous versions of existing arenas also had this naming scheme.
- The E3 Demo version of this arena has a few differences. Namely the wider entrance to the channel and the missing block pillar on the starting platform.
- Early on in development, the shape of Ruins was a little different and its size was larger. This is seen in its old slow texture.
|Characters||Wander · Mono · Agro · Dormin · Lord Emon · Guards · Shadow Creatures|
|Colossi||I · II · III · IV · V · VI · VII · VIII · IX · X · XI · XII · XIII · XIV · XV · XVI|
|Locations||The Forbidden Lands · Shrine of Worship · Colossus Arenas|
|Main Items||Power-ups (Lizards · Fruit) · Weapons (Ancient Sword · Sword of the Sun · Queen’s Sword · Sword of Dormin · Bow & Arrow · Ancient Bow · Harpoon of Thunder · Life Sword) · Collectibles (Relics)|
|Gameplay||Hard Mode · Save shrines · Time Attack · Reminiscence Mode · Watermellon · Barrel|
|Media||Roar of the Earth (OST) · Official Art and Guide Book · Nico Bonus DVD · Film|
|Releases||OPM Demo · PS2 original · PS3 remaster · PS4 remake · Credits|
|Early Builds||Preview version · PSU Preview version · E3 Demo|
|Unused Content||Unused Colossi · Datamined Colossi · Colossus Test Stages · Unused Locations · Beta Mountains · Shadow of the Colossus Development Phases|