A cobblestone plaza flanked by buildings on both sides. The huge structures are connected by three bridges, one of them broken. On the other side of the arena is a giant valley where the colossus climbs from.
- In the preview version of the game, the theme Lakeside plays when first finding the arena.
- Parthenon is named after the temple in Greece with the same name.
- This stage seems to be based on Propylaea, the entrance to Acropolis of Athens; being strikingly similar in design.
- Near the bottom of the valley that the colossus emerges from exists a massive cave-like hole that the player wouldn't normally see. It's unknown if it had any purpose at some point in development.
- The E3 Demo version of the Parthenon has a major difference. The arena doesn't feature any of the platforms that the colossus needs to step on so they can used as a ramp, and instead has barricade-like objects blocking the stairs leading to the upper floors. It would need to destroy these barricades, clearing the way up.
- Other minor differences include taller cliffs in the valley that the colossus emerges from with untextured trees at the other side, different-shaped pillars with a crude look, stairs at the entrance which were intact and extra structures at the end of the arena, near the valley.
- The Secret Garden from the E3 Demo has a model extremely similar to the Parthenon. It's possible that models of Parthenon's test stage were used while designing the earlier versions of the garden.
- The valley at the end of the Parthenon matches perfectly with the valley from the unused quadrant 'I1', suggesting that it was originally located at 'H1' and was moved one quadrant west at some point in development.
- This is further supported by a screenshot from the CG World magazine showing the differences between a newer and older map, seen in the gallery below.
|Characters||Wander · Mono · Agro · Dormin · Lord Emon · Guards · Shadow Creatures|
|Colossi||I · II · III · IV · V · VI · VII · VIII · IX · X · XI · XII · XIII · XIV · XV · XVI|
|Locations||The Forbidden Lands · Shrine of Worship · Colossus Arenas|
|Main Items||Power-ups (Lizards · Fruit) · Weapons (Ancient Sword · Sword of the Sun · Queen’s Sword · Sword of Dormin · Bow & Arrow · Ancient Bow · Harpoon of Thunder · Life Sword) · Collectibles (Relics)|
|Gameplay||Hard Mode · Save shrines · Time Attack · Reminiscence Mode · Watermellon · Barrel|
|Media||Roar of the Earth (OST) · Official Art and Guide Book · Nico Bonus DVD · Film|
|Releases||OPM Demo · PS2 original · PS3 remaster · PS4 remake · Credits|
|Early Builds||Preview version · PSU Preview version · E3 Demo|
|Unused Content||Unused Colossi · Colossus Test Stages · Unused Locations · Beta Mountains · Shadow of the Colossus Development Phases|