Labyrinth was set in an open area which once housed a city now in ruins, with Buddha standing at its center. The arena also featured multiple entrances around it that led to underground paths that connected to several others, forming a network of complex tunnels in the likeness of a labyrinth, which is likely where it gets its name from.
A sketch from the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus PS3 booklet is described by Ueda as "an image of it (Buddha) standing alone in a place where a city once stood".
The textures, besides suggesting that it was located somewhere along the southern half of the Forbidden Lands, also match with the textures from the leftover models of J7 and I8. Both of these quadrants appear to have been connected in the past, with "I7" being in the center of them. Buddha appears to have lived in I7 when the southeastern area of the map was larger.
- Malus is the only colossus to have two separate arenas related to it listed in the sheets - Labyrinth and Sanctuary.
- The sheets indicate that F8 was just a normal quadrant and not a colossus arena originally, suggesting that Labyrinth wasn't located at F8.
- A texture from Labyrinth called "mk_drygl_mip" has another variant (mk_drygl_02) that is only listed in "buddha_A_boot_body", which is the strange rock monument found in the E3 Demo build. There's also another texture, called "ym_bk_wall", that is only used in the Sanctuary's collapsible bridge.
- A texture from Avion's arena set on the material "buddha_wall_1" (the texture name being "mk_canyaonst_03"), seems to be a larger, alternate version of another texture related to Buddha that is not used in its final arena, called "ot_buddha_st_3" (Buddha Stage 3).
- Strangely, the "ot_buddha_st_3" texture is not listed in Labyrinth either, only encountered today on the bridge from Lakeside.
- Labyrinth's chip data is full, indicating that the whole quadrant it resided on was modelled. This means that no matches with other quadrants can be achieved for this arena.
|Characters||Wander · Mono · Agro · Dormin · Lord Emon · Guards · Shadow Creatures|
|Colossi||I · II · III · IV · V · VI · VII · VIII · IX · X · XI · XII · XIII · XIV · XV · XVI|
|Locations||The Forbidden Lands · Shrine of Worship · Colossus Arenas|
|Main Items||Power-ups (Lizards · Fruit) · Weapons (Ancient Sword · Sword of the Sun · Queen’s Sword · Sword of Dormin · Bow & Arrow · Ancient Bow · Harpoon of Thunder · Life Sword) · Collectibles (Relics)|
|Gameplay||Hard Mode · Save shrines · Time Attack · Reminiscence Mode · Watermellon · Barrel|
|Media||Roar of the Earth (OST) · Official Art and Guide Book · Nico Bonus DVD · Film|
|Releases||OPM Demo · PS2 original · PS3 remaster · PS4 remake · Credits|
|Early Builds||Preview version · PSU Preview version · E3 Demo|
|Unused Content||Unused Colossi · Datamined Colossi · Colossus Test Stages · Unused Locations · Beta Mountains · Shadow of the Colossus Development Phases|