A circular, sand-covered arena in a cave. There is very little unevenness in the ground, just a few huge pillar-like rocks and nothing else to block the view.
- There are small rocks scattered throughout the arena that can be destroyed if hit by the colossus.
- In the PSU Preview version of the game, each entrance of the colossus' cave had a giant tree. The one closer to the Lair to the West was the dead version seen in the final game, and the one in the Lair on the Mesa was alive, with leaves in its branches, but they disappear after getting close to it.
- In the E3 Demo version, the tree is always alive, and the leaves don't disappear after getting close to it. The tree next to Lair to the West is missing in this version.
- In old screenshots of the pathway leading to the arena close to Lair on the Mesa, various towers can be seen. These towers were also found in the PSU Preview and earlier versions of the game.
- In old screenshots, one may notice that the arena didn't always have a cave. It was fully open, with the same rocks as in the final game.
- In the E3 Demo version of the game, a cutscene (with no camera panning) with the song 'Sign of the Colossus' plays when first finding this arena, likely as a placeholder. However, this cutscene was discarded in later versions.
- The ending model from the E3 Demo version of Gravewind has broken rock pillars, with ground on the bases looking like they tore off. It's possible they were destructible early on in development, although no evidence of this is found in the PS3 sheets.
- The entrance to the Gravewind in the E3 Demo is near identical to the one near the Beta Dam. It's possible that the entrance in I2 was reused to make the one in the 10th Colossus' arena.
|Characters||Wander · Mono · Agro · Dormin · Lord Emon · Guards · Shadow Creatures|
|Colossi||I · II · III · IV · V · VI · VII · VIII · IX · X · XI · XII · XIII · XIV · XV · XVI|
|Locations||The Forbidden Lands · Shrine of Worship · Colossus Arenas|
|Main Items||Power-ups (Lizards · Fruit) · Weapons (Ancient Sword · Sword of the Sun · Queen’s Sword · Sword of Dormin · Bow & Arrow · Ancient Bow · Harpoon of Thunder · Life Sword) · Collectibles (Relics)|
|Gameplay||Hard Mode · Save shrines · Time Attack · Reminiscence Mode · Watermellon · Barrel|
|Media||Roar of the Earth (OST) · Official Art and Guide Book · Nico Bonus DVD · Film|
|Releases||OPM Demo · PS2 original · PS3 remaster · PS4 remake · Credits|
|Early Builds||Preview version · PSU Preview version · E3 Demo|
|Unused Content||Unused Colossi · Datamined Colossi · Colossus Test Stages · Unused Locations · Beta Mountains · Shadow of the Colossus Development Phases|