It's unclear how the general shape of the arena looked like. What is known is that it was set somewhere high-up near the D2 archway, at the top of a cliff or structure. Several pillars of different kinds and sizes existed throughout the arena, some of them broken.
The arena was located on the northwest side of the Forbidden Lands, next to Stone Arch Gorge, at quadrant D2. In the final game, this area is now empty with no purpose except for connecting surrounding quadrants.
It was previously speculated to have been located at H2, next to the Beta Dam, but was debunked when new evidence from the PS3 data sheets was discovered, including D2's and Devil's Plain's chip data and textures, both of which matched greatly.
- The stairs in D2 which serves no purpose in the final game may have been remnants of the arena. Their model has materials named as "KAIDAN_enter" and "HASIRA_enter" (They translate to Stairs and Pillar, respectively), suggesting that this might've been the entrance to the arena. The stairs in D1 that act as an entrance to Hydrus' arena also have these exact same material names, but the textures are slightly different.
- The chip data and textures of both the final quadrant D2, and the Devil's Plain arena match greatly.
- The smaller pillars of Devil's Plain can still be found in the PSU Preview and E3 Demo versions, at quadrant C2 on the pathway to Cenobia's arena. In the final game, different updated versions of these pillars exist instead. The taller pillars can be found in all versions, on the cave's entrance.
- A separate model related to Devil's Plain is listed in the PS3 sheets; it's called "devils_plain_tatemono", having the texture seen on the yellowish blocks from one of the screenshots.
- It's possible that this model has a relation to the test object named "devil_test", as both have a similar shape.
|Characters||Wander · Mono · Agro · Dormin · Lord Emon · Guards · Shadow Creatures|
|Colossi||I · II · III · IV · V · VI · VII · VIII · IX · X · XI · XII · XIII · XIV · XV · XVI|
|Locations||The Forbidden Lands · Shrine of Worship · Colossus Arenas|
|Main Items||Power-ups (Lizards · Fruit) · Weapons (Ancient Sword · Sword of the Sun · Queen’s Sword · Sword of Dormin · Bow & Arrow · Ancient Bow · Harpoon of Thunder · Life Sword) · Collectibles (Relics)|
|Gameplay||Hard Mode · Save shrines · Time Attack · Reminiscence Mode · Watermellon · Barrel|
|Media||Roar of the Earth (OST) · Official Art and Guide Book · Nico Bonus DVD · Film|
|Releases||OPM Demo · PS2 original · PS3 remaster · PS4 remake · Credits|
|Early Builds||Preview version · PSU Preview version · E3 Demo|
|Unused Content||Unused Colossi · Datamined Colossi · Colossus Test Stages · Unused Locations · Beta Mountains · Shadow of the Colossus Development Phases|
- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NzWgqXjFBOLlPvozOgGpCFlXFCPwFHmcCzhhVwuM_6U/edit#heading=h.eggfjepq9088 | Compilation of evidence found by the Stage 0 Team in order to prove Devil's location.