The battle is fought in a foggy lake. The lake is dotted with platforms, ruins and a giant pillar where the colossus lands on at the beginning of the battle.
- If Wander lands on top of one of the many ruins in the arena, Avion will blow air to make him fall.
- By the time the game was still known as NICO, the place where Avion rests on was not a pillar, but a rock.
- In the early versions' pause menu map, the 'H4' quadrant design looked as though there wasn't any water in the Canyon, with a crater-like circular design in the middle. From what's known about Avion's earlier incarnations, it always had water, as you needed to hide underwater to avoid its bursts of wind. This fact makes the 'H4' on the pause menu map very peculiar, which spawned numerous theories regarding it.
- The Canyon wasn't originally located at H4, as proven by the Preview, PSU Preview and OPM Demo versions of the game, which included a super low resolution texture of H4 that looks nothing like the arena, but instead a forked path leading to several directions (G4, H3, H5 and I4). The PS3 data sheets also include a texture segment of the old H4 quadrant, before it was Avion's arena. The original location of the Canyon is currently unknown, with H3 being the most likely candidate.
- The many structures of Avion's arena such as the sunken castle at the entrance have materials named as "buddha", meaning it's possible that the textures likely originated from the Labyrinth before being reused for the Canyon.
- The mountains surrounding the Canyon have been copied from Poseidon's Lake, as evident by them having the same exact shape when seen from the top, as well as both of their materials being the same; that is "00pose_rock_wall".
- The E3 Demo version of the Canyon features different structures, similar to the pillars from its concept art. They were used in Avion's old strategy, as Wander needed to hide behind them to avoid its wind attacks.
|Characters||Wander · Mono · Agro · Dormin · Lord Emon · Guards · Shadow Creatures|
|Colossi||I · II · III · IV · V · VI · VII · VIII · IX · X · XI · XII · XIII · XIV · XV · XVI|
|Locations||The Forbidden Lands · Shrine of Worship · Colossus Arenas|
|Main Items||Power-ups (Lizards · Fruit) · Weapons (Ancient Sword · Sword of the Sun · Queen’s Sword · Sword of Dormin · Bow & Arrow · Ancient Bow · Harpoon of Thunder · Life Sword) · Collectibles (Relics)|
|Gameplay||Hard Mode · Save shrines · Time Attack · Reminiscence Mode · Watermellon · Barrel|
|Media||Roar of the Earth (OST) · Official Art and Guide Book · Nico Bonus DVD · Film|
|Releases||OPM Demo · PS2 original · PS3 remaster · PS4 remake · Credits|
|Early Builds||Preview version · PSU Preview version · E3 Demo|
|Unused Content||Unused Colossi · Datamined Colossi · Colossus Test Stages · Unused Locations · Beta Mountains · Shadow of the Colossus Development Phases|